You want success - you chase it, hunt it, run after it, yearn for it.
But have you chosen success?
Do you know your own key success factors?
Are you armed in you fight for success?
- Key success factors (CSFs) are your functions, activities, & business practices, defined by your market & your customer as critical. They define it, not you.
- Do you know what your key success factors are?
- CSFs generally cluster under: People / Processes / Purpose / Customers / Resources.
- If you do know, what have you done today that takes you closer to meeting your customer's expectations?
- If you don't know, and you expect to be successful, you need to find out; what will rock your business, what will make it fizz & bubble?
- Set up a 2-hour brainstorming session exclusively for your Success Factors. You need some help here; involve your business partner, your business coach, your master-mind group, at least one other neutral person that can help you figure this out. Take your customer expectations + your overall strategy, and hammer-out what you need to focus on. Get some energy going, unleash your imagination, dream wild for a change!
- Think of your Key Success Factors as levers to shift your business into thrive mode. What would you high-five yourself for? Think in terms of template sentences: "If I ... my customers, then ...."; "If my processes ... then my time ..."; If my services ... then my profits ...".
- Once you have your Success Factors identified, you can then translate them into actionable tasks; schedule those recurring tasks, and execute them as they become due. Decide how you will measure progress.
- Look at all your activities for the last week, then the last month - start to identify your patterns. Identify your gaps, your missing factors - how will you either fill the gaps, or compensate for them?
- Measure & track your progress for each CSF, and review periodically. Congratulate & reward yourself & your biz buddy for progress.