Part 6 - smooth operatives
You've completed Part 5 - Your Techie Does Tech.
Here's Part 6 - Smooth Operatives.
Apart from outsourcing your accounting, taxation, and legal requirements, here are some Operational tasks you may wish to consider for outsourcing.
If you try to do everything yourself, your brain will implode, you'll turn into a zombie, and what kind of legacy is that?
Don't try to do everything yourself
- Accounting & Taxation: you need to know which records to keep, how to keep them, for how long, and how to file them.
- Legal requirements, Insurance: you need to comply with requirements in line with what your subject matter expert tells you.
That still leaves a massive list of tasks which have to be performed.
How about a Virtual Assistant?
- Ordering (repetitives, not one-offs)
- Product research
- Competitor research
- Industry research
- Handling returns
- Content creation for your website / blog
- Supplier research
- Schedule management
- Data management
- Prospecting for business
- Social tasks (family, friends, customers)
- Managing emails
- Handling telephone calls
- Organise & setup webinars
- Etc., etc.
- Data entry
- Lead generation
- Promotional & advertisement material design
- Customer service - resolving complaints, providing information
Bear in mind that your business has very specific tasks & activities; keep filling in your table.
The important aspect of this exercise is that you get an idea of how much time you can free up to spend on your core business, not how much outsourcing / delegating will cost you.
Part 2: Where should you spend your time? (what to keep in-house, & what to out-source?)
Part 3: The Muse in your business (inspiration, vision, training, education)
Part 4: The Architect in your business (business plan, business model, strategy)
Part 5: The Techie in your business (infrastructure, systems, processes)
Part 6: The Operative(s) in your business (operations)
Part 7: The Publicist in your business (marketing, networking, sales, social media)
Part 8: The Mastermind in your business (JVs, partnerships, think-tanks, groups).