Part 8 - Your genius zone
You are the Founder, the Ringleader, the Instigator - the Mastermind behind your business.
This is your Genius Zone!
This is the You that finds and rides the trends, that spots new opportunities, that leverages joint ventures & sets up partnerships.
Let's do a quick recap
You & your core business = what you do.
Muse = sources of inspiration, vision, research, training, education.
Business coach = clarify & refine ideas, planning, goals, commitment.
Architect = business plan, business model, strategy.
Techie = infrastructure, systems, processes.
Operative(s) = operations, accounting, taxation.
Publicist = marketing, networking, social media, promotions, sales.
Mastermind = partnerships, mastermind group(s), joint ventures, think-tanks.
Are you in your genius zone?
- Your focus is on the future.
- You look at how current trends may unfold in the future.
- You seek out mastermind groups, joint venture partners.
- You establish think-tanks with entrepreneurs from diverse industries.
- You learn - everything you can get your sticky little fingers on, you feed your mind & imagination, confident that that your ideas will cascade into a rich resource that you can harvest & implement.
- You manage your business risk from this position.
- You employ and sub-contract people who are smarter than you in their field.
- You view your competitors as mentors - they make mistakes you don't have to.
- You operate from a position of abundance - if the pie seems too small for all the market participants, you focus on ways to make the pie bigger. More for everyone!
This is where you evolve your business. This is where you set your goals.
Dig out your table & notes - what changes will you make? What will you out-source, what will you focus on?
Are your income-generating activities the highest priority yet?
I created this model of the SME roles; it's been tested in the real world, with real clients. I have total confidence that this approach will revamp & revitalise your business & your life.
It took a while to write this conclusion to the series. Mostly because it is challenging to describe what happens when you operate in your genius zone. It's different for each of us, and when you find it, you'll Know.
Share parts of your journey in the comment section - I'd love to know how you've applied this model.
Part 2: Where should you spend your time? (what to keep in-house, & what to out-source?)
Part 3: The Muse in your business (inspiration, vision, training, education)
Part 4: The Architect in your business (business plan, business model, strategy)
Part 5: The Techie in your business (infrastructure, systems, processes)
Part 6: Smooth Operatives in your business (operations)
Part 7: Publicist Role (marketing, networking, sales, social media)
Part 8: You, the Mastermind (JVs, partnerships, think-tanks, groups).